Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9th

Cohen is doing good today ,but if he could talk he would probably say he's had a rough day--they are trying to put in a "pic line" (not sure of the spelling) since they are having a hard time keeping an IV in him. This will be a more permanent IV for while he's in the hospital. The nurse and doctor told me the lady that puts these in could get an IV in a rock. Well, she wasn't able to get one in Cohen. She is going to try again in the morning, but has to have my signature to SHAVE OFF PART OF HIS HAIR to get one! My poor little man!
They are giving him antibiotics for 7 full days due to a infection they have discovered in his lungs. The chest xray he had late yesterday showed a small area of "clouds" that they want to take care of. That is why they decided to go ahead with the pic line. 

The repeat staph culture came back negative so far, but they will watch it in the lab for several more days.  He still sounds really congested, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him. He has lost a little weight in the last couple of days, but just a small amount, nothing to worry about. 

All in all, Cohen is doing good! Still just waiting on the next swallow study and hoping it shows an improvement.

Talk to ya'll soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment