Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8th

Cohen had a much better day today.  We still don't know about the staph infection, but the doctor feels sure it was a contaminate. We will hopefully know for certain in the morning. Cohen's doctor team did make some changes today, to try to help his upper airway congestion. They moved his NG tube (feeding tube in his nose) lower down next to his stomach. The hope is that it will let him have less secretions, so he has less aspirating into his lungs. They also want him to be positioned on his left side, to help his weaker lung have less pressure. The nurse today felt like this was helping him. They left him on the 3 liters of flow on the vapotherm. The only real negative information that they said is if the things we are trying don't help, and he is still aspirating his own secretions, there is nothing that can fix that. Basically, there is no way to eliminate saliva from the body. It would just be time before he can deal with it-----not sure how much time.

The physical therapist also came and worked with him, he loved it! He was wide awake looking at her the entire time. She felt like his legs are looking good. She has taught me how to do the routine so I can do it on the days they don't come. I love feeling like I can do something to help him. 

It was such a beautiful day today---I am hoping spring is here for good! I talked to my friend Tara today, she and her sister are my oldest friends from home, and tomorrow another dear friend is coming to see Cohen and have lunch with me in Nashville. I am so thankful for them and all the wonderful family and friends in my life. We just can't wait for the day we bring Cohen home and he can meet everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment