Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15th

 Today is going to be a good day. I talked to a friend for an hour this morning on my drive to the hospital, I needed the advice and encouragement she gave me. I got an awesome parking spot in the monster, always packed garage. I am having a fairly decent hair day, despite the rain. We have our favorite Vandy nurse, Susan working today.We even have several old buddies coming to visit. Cohen and I have already discussed what kind of behavior we should show while people are visiting. Let's just hope he was listening!

I was also touched this morning to see a nurse come in on her day off just to "visit" a baby next to us. This baby girl  has been here for 8 months and is going home this week. What an awesome blessing and gift from God for this family!

Cohen is such a precious blessing to us, and this just makes me get more and more excited about the day he will come home!

 Cohen is doing well today, not much to report. Just waiting on repeat swallow study on Wednesday, and we will go from there. I am hopeful for good news and I know that the Lord will not give us more than we can handle in one day. "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

This picture is from Cohen's  Albuterol treatment yesterday. They tried it once to see if it could help...It didn't, but Justin and I laughed at the silly mask. He actually loved the treatment and the air blowing in his face!

1 comment:

  1. Cohen is a warrior and he will continue to do well. I know God continues to give you and Justin the strength to get through each day! We continue to pray the swallow test will show the doctor's what they need to know in order to move forward with his treatment and God to give you clarity on the decisions that will need to be made. Bed #49 at Baptist is waiting on y'all to fill it! Love you guys and y'all will be home before you know it!

    EC sends her hugs and kisses Cohen's way!

    ReplyDelete