Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25th

Cohen is doing well, he is back on 3 liters of flow and around 30% supplemental oxygen on his vapotherm. He is still having some heartrate drops, but not too many. He is having trouble managing his "secretions" in his throat. He doesn't seem to swallow or cough up what he needs to. It will be interesting to see what the bronc study shows, if the Vandy guy ever shows up to do it.....we have been told tomorrow, for sure. Ha! I won't believe it till I see it!

The orthopedic doctor did come today. I had a huge note by his crib for him to call me if I wasn't there. (no way you could miss it) Sure enough, he came when NICU was closed for lunch. Did he call me? Nope. I was pretty bent out of shape. I called his office and his nurse called me back. She couldn't answer my questions so she said she would talk to him and call me back again. Now, in my mind, it would be easier for him to just pick up the phone and call me. I mean, come on! You are treating our tiny baby and you can't even call us??????
Sorry, I am just so frustrated!

However--The ortho doctors notes he left were really positive. He felt like the cast really helped his legs. He will check back in another week. The reason I am trying to call him is to have more detailed info. This report conflicts somewhat with the notes he left last Friday. Will update you when I find out more.

With all this hurry up and wait during the past week, I feel like I am losing focus on what is important with Cohen. I have to remember that he is growing and getting stonger everyday. He is more active and awake. He is really starting to look like a more "typical" newborn. All these things are such a blessing. We are thankful for his progress!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment