Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26th

Sorry I didn't get an update posted yesterday. We visited Cohen late,so by the time we gathered everyone and got them home we were exhausted! We are trying to get back to some sort of schedule this week, as much as we can.

Cohen's blood work came back good, he was semi-low on his red blood count, but they are going to hold off on another transfusion for a few more days, to see if he can recover it on his own, now that he is bigger. He did lose some weight last night, for the first time in over 2 weeks. They assured us this is perfectly normal.

When I called this morning the nurse said he had 2 back to back spells in the night. It seems like the spells are more frequent and worse at night. I don't know if it has to do with sleep cycles or what, but I am still hanging on to the hope he will outgrow them soon!

Justin and I both got to hold him again last night, and he was awake! He looked back and forth between us as we talked to him. I love seeing his little eyes focus on us. I am still so thankful every time they put him in my arms.....he is such a blessing. I have realized its harder to leave him after we get to hold him. I think its because every time we hold him we feel more bonded. I also realize how tiny he still is! I can still easily hold him with one hand.

Hope you all have a great day! I know all my school buddies are excited snow is back in the forecast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment