Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

5 months old

I can't believe it has been a week since I have written! My excuse is we are having a hard time with our internet service. It is just so slow and unreliable! I guess that's what we get for living out in the country. No pizza delivery and no DSL!

Cohen is 5 months old today!!!! It's unreal to me that we have already hit the 5 month mark. I guess since he has only been home a month I feel like he is younger.

He is doing just wonderful- He is more playful and alert everyday. He even laughed out loud for the first time this week. It was while taking a bath...he LOVES a bath. We give him one every night just because he loves it so. I have tons of new pics to post if the computer will cooperate! He is just getting so big----he weighed 10 lbs when the nurse came last Monday! 

Things with his G tube are much improved. He still has some granulation tissue around it, but it is not much. It has been almost 2 months since the surgery and it seems to be healing and working correctly. I can't tell you how thankful we are for this--Justin and I were stressed to the max with all the G tube drama!

We have had a super busy week. Calee had practice every night for her dance and musical theatre recitals. She was in 2 shows yesterday, and she did great! Justin's sister, Amy, offered to watch Cohen last night so I could go and watch her. I was so thankful-----Calee works so hard all year for this, so I am thrilled I got to be there!

Calee heard from a friend at her dance studio about an audtion at the Murfreesboro Center for the Arts. She talked me into taking her last Sunday night. I was reluctant for her to do this with everything else we have going. Calee is a real joiner---she loves to try everything. I am so thankful she has this attitude, but it makes for some busy, busy schedules!

Anyway, she was amazing----I was shocked at how she jumped up on that stage and belted out her audition song in front of a huge group of strangers! ( I was a nervous wreck) She got a callback for last Thursday, and then they called yesterday and offered her the part of "Baby" Louise in the play Gypsy! She is beyond excited! The play will run 3 weekends in September. Come out and watch her!

I feel like we are all getting in sync with Cohen and adjusting really well. Ames loves him and asks to "hold it" all the time. He is such a mess! Cohen and I sat on the porch tonight and Justin set up a sprinkler for Calee and Ames. They ran and laughed until they were ready to drop!

I am constantly amazed at how fast life can change. The last 5 months have been the most challenging and the most rewarding of my life. We have been blessed beyond belief by baby Cohen. I feel like God has granted me a new perspective in so many ways.

 Justin and I are continually floored by the kindness and generosity of people. Thank you to all of you for the love and encouragment you give us daily. We love you each and every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment