Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Upper GI

We went for the Upper GI at Vandy on Tuesday. It was frustrating to say the least. The problem with this test, like several others, is that if he doesn't vomit or reflux during the study, it is hard to see if the nissen is loose or undone.

So, they injected the contrast into his G tube and waited about 5 minutes. He didn't do anything, so they "thought" the nissen was still intact. No explanation for the massive amounts of vomit or spitting up.

I won't even go into the 2 residents that performed the test. They didn't know a nissen from a nissan =).

We go see our ENT on October 5th, so I am pinning my hopes on him for some sort of answers. He usually tells us straight, and I appreciate that. For now, we are just coping and watching him super close.


All in all, he is doing really well and I am thankful for that.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment