Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Yaaawwwwwnnnn.....

I have never been a morning person...getting up with the chickens has never been a favorite pastime. When I was a kid at cattle shows I always dreaded the 4 a.m. wake up calls. Then in college, Kelli, my roommate, who was a major morning person, had to drag me out of bed for early judging team practices.

I have, however, always been a little bit of a night owl. I usually get a second wind about 10-11 p.m. It's then that the kids are asleep and I think its a good time to clean out closets, scrapbook, organize something, etc.

 This morning I finally realized-- The chickens and the owls just don't mix anymore. Someone has got to go. Since I don't see the chickens (or Ames and Cohen as I like to call them=) changing habits, I am going to have to lose the owl.

My new effort is going to try and get in the bed at a earlier time (at least during the week). I would love to say that I will be in bed by 10 p.m. every night, but I know I will never stick to that. So, for now, I am going to say I have to be in bed, (not reading or playing on the laptop) but head on the pillow and actually attempting to sleep by 10:30 on weeknights. Then hopefully I can gradually move it to 10, then heaven forbid, 9:30.

I hope that in a matter of days the bloodshot eyes will be a thing of the past! Justin will be so excited, as over time my bad habits have become his also.........

I ran across this picture from a few months ago that shows exactly how I am feeling this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment