Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 6th

I am feeling more like myself today....not sure if this is a good or bad thing! My mind is running in a million directions.
First of all, let me pass along some excellent news. The pediatric orthopedist came by to consult on Cohen's legs and feet today. Let me quote him...."You will be chasing him around the house in no time!" He basically said his problems are from being small and underdeveloped, and it didn't look like anything that won't be fixed with time, and possibly a cast later on. We are so thankful for this news. I know I said we were not that worried about his feet, considering everything else he had to contend with, but I think I was lying a little bit. I just hated to think once he got through fighting for his health, he would then have something else to battle.

Cohen basically had a stable day. They left him on 6 liters of flow per minute, and he is happy there. I am sure they will push him more tomorrow. He also got rid of his "billy light" (for jaundice) today, and so he got to take off his big sunglasses. We really got to study his little face and eyes. He looks so much more like Ames than I thought...especially with his hair turning more red every day. So funny to think both the boys may be redheads! I love it!

The NICU was not all great news and sunshine today. Another little boy was born early today and became Cohen's neighbor. He is very sick, and the respiratory therapist that was with me when Cohen was born said his illness reminded her alot of our sweet boy. Please pray for this family and little boy. I know they are scared to death and struggling tonight. I don't know their name or anything about this family, but I know how hard it is to be in this position. It was just 2 weeks ago tonight that we were right there. I am so thankful for the last 2 weeks with our son. I pray he continues to grow and develop and become a healthy little boy! We can't wait to chase him around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment