Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27th

Another big step for Cohen today. They moved his vapotherm from 4.0 liters of flow to 3.5!! His supplemental oxygen has stayed on 21% (room air) most of the day. He has "cycled" a little more, meaning his saturation/breathing rates have gone up and down, but not enough to count as a spell. A couple of weeks ago I was so excited he was down to 5! Look at him now! We are so excited and pray he has a good night with his new settings.
He also gained some weight tonight, he is up to 3lb 8 ounces! He is eating an ounce of breastmilk every 3 hours.....over 8 ounces a day! I know this doesn't sound like much, but considering where he started this is great.
Got to hold the sweet little man again today. He seemed so much bigger! Can't wait to get to Nashville in the morning to see him again.

I went to back to church tonight for the first time since Cohen has been born. It was great to see everybody, but it also made me a little sad....I just wish Cohen could have been there to meet everyone. I remember how fun it was when we took Ames the first time. I guess it will just be that much sweeter when we do get to take Cohen.
Hope to have more good news tomorrow! Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment