Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 50-February 10th

Hard to believe Cohen has been here for 50 days. I already don't remember life before him!

He only had 1 spell today, and it was a 5 a.m. I set my alarm clock and called every 2 hours during the night, after the bad day yesterday. Needless to say, I am tired today!

My Mom went with me again today, and we sat with him all morning and afternoon. The doctor on this week, Dr. Kreger, spent alot of time talking with us and explaining things. I will try and hit the high points.

She thinks he needs more time, that until he gets to 40 weeks, we won't really know the extent of what he needs. I totally agree with this.
She also helped me understand some things about the Vanderbilt study. Basically, if he goes to Vanderbilt now, and they diagnose him with reflux and swallowing issues, the treatment is exactly what they are doing now. So, we are not going to rush this for a few weeks----somewhat of a relief.

Dr. Kreger was really positive and encouraging. The only negative thing she said is babies with Cohen's lung disease almost always go home with a "G" tube in their stomach. I am hoping he will be an exception, but time will tell us.
Cohen also needs more blood, so we are trying to find a direct donor, due to the blood bank being low. I am a match, but since I had to have a blood transfusion after Cohen was born, I can't donate for 90 days. Justin and his Dad are going tomorrow to be blood typed. If they are not matches, I guess I will be asking all of you 0 and B types to come donate!!!!

We are so thankful Cohen has had a better day. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. Love to you!

1 comment:

  1. I am type B+ if you need it. I am not sure on the rules about donating after a blood transfusion. I had to have 3 after Austin was born, but if you need it and I can donate I will. Anyone who knows me knows I am terrified of needles and donating blood, but if it will help baby Cohen I can be brave.

    ReplyDelete