Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15th

We have made it a week in the hospital! Now we are officially in week 27! This is a big milestone and statistics majorly improve for the baby every week...everyday actually.
Our ultrasound today gave us some mixed emotions. Things have improved and been so positive since we have been here it's hard to hear what is less positive news. First of all, the baby still seems fine. He is making due with truly the bare minimum of fluid. On Friday, he had 5cm and today it was 2cm. They explained that this is subjective, and lots of factors go into the measurement.... but the bottom line is he is ok with this amount for now. We just didn't expect such a drop! He did again pass several breathing and movement tests, which is great news. Please help us pray that our son can remain healthy and not be delivered for many more weeks.

On a lighter note, the Tennessee Titans visit here at the hospital every Tuesday. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a amazing thing these athletes do. The nurses tried all night and this morning to convince me to let them come and take a picture (gasp!) and visit me. They said things like "Its a keepsake for the baby!" and "You can hang the picture in the nursery!" (bahaha)
I know some of you are laughing at me right now, but the thought of this horrified me! I just couldn't stomach the thought they would feel sorry for me...this whole helpless routine is so hard! I forget I am a patient and not able to do the things I normally do---anyway, when I watched the 6 o'clock news tonight, I knew I made the right choice. They were visiting the lady next door to me! So glad you all didn't see me in my pajamas on the news!
Justin is home with the kids tonight, and he will bring them up tomorrow after school. I miss them dearly, but they need to stay home and catch up with everything tonight.....
Thanks for all the support, we are so blessed by all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment