The doctors finally came and rounded and just left the room. As almost everyday, it is a good news/bad news situation. Cohen looks great today, he is up to 8 lbs 3 ounces, he is still on vapotherm of 4 liters of flow per minute and 21% (room air) oxygen. He is taking feedings perfectly with his G tube. As of today, he will get the feedings every 3 hours through the pump over 30 minutes each time.
The x-ray from this morning was almost exactly the same as it was on Monday morning. The lung is up, but the upper right lobe is still clouded. In all of the x-rays we have had here at Vandy (over 10), this spot has never been cleared up. Our new attending, Dr. Fike, was very honest with me and said she doesn't know why this lung isn't clearing. She wants to halt everything and call our ENT, Dr.Wooten, and figure this out. She wants to get a plan paved out with ENT, and see what we have to do to fix this.
We have been at Vandy over 5 weeks now. I remember saying on one of my early posts from here that I felt we would be diagnosed at Vanderbilt. I guess I still feel that way. I still think we have an underlying problem to why Cohen's lungs won't completely heal. I do have alot of hope that it is just a small issue, that we can hopefully fix and move on from. I don't think he would be doing this well if it was a really big problem. I feel like I have typed "I think" several times in this post, which is scary!!! I am thinking WAY to much!
The bottom line is Cohen is amazing. He is doing great and I am grateful. He is holding his head up and looking around like a big boy!
I also wanted to tell you that Cohen loves visitors, so if you live near us and would like to get a peek at him , now is the time! When we get home we will be locking the door and throwing away the key --so to speak!! It will be hard to keep him all to ourselves, but that is what the doctors say must happen. Thanks for understanding this.
We thank you for your continued prayers and support. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!