Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19th

Just wanted to let you know Cohen is still hanging in there. Not much new to report, we are still just waiting on the swallow study on Monday. Cohen is still on nasal cannula (yay!) and doing well.

Let me explain what should happen after the swallow study.
1. If the study is "normal" and Cohen has worked out his issues we will start giving him bottles and take him home within a week. (The doctor said next Friday to be exact)
2. If the swallow study is not improved or "abnormal" they want us to do the G tube/fundiplication surgery as soon as next week and he would go home in a 2-3 week period with the G tube and oxygen.
3. If the study shows just "some development" or improvement we wait in the hospital and retest in another month.

To be honest, I am not sure what I think. I do believe he is better....how much better, I am not so sure of---
A week ago I had no hope that Cohen would go home on no oxygen. Now, I am thinking it might be a possibility.

No matter what the outcome, Cohen has proven he is a little fighter and I have no doubts that he will be well and home soon! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment